Monday, February 19, 2007

Music and my 2006 experience

I had an opportunity to record in a professional studio a tune I composed in 1986. It was funny I got a chance to rerecord it (with many differences) almost excatly 20 years later.
The early recording had all parts arranged by my good friend Larry Belknap, an extraordinary guitarist and composer/arranger and getting darn good at engineering sound! Listen to a song of his here www.myspace.com/LarryBelknap.

I was in a band, we did most of our practising/rehearsing during the fall of 2004 , shortly after I got my new Les Paul. One thing we disagreed about was the band name. We had a few names before it fell apart and a huge debate as to the name.
Robert Silvani the songwriter and guitarist, wanted BadBehavior, as did Jason Lashuk our Drummer. BadBehavior alas had been taken.
Some how we all agreed to name the band Broke, since we were all broke , and had some good rock tunes to play. Then two weeks later we found out the name Broke was taken, and the funny thing was, is, they are local! LOL! Jason and I had already made a website and the name of the band ended up being BrokenDetroit . It was out of necessity and no one really liked it so we had to put our heads together... I wanted 'Blind Earth'... Bob suggested 'StalkingShay' ,while I hated that, Bob took 'Blind Earth' and made it into 'Rare Faith' , Jason didnt like it , but Kevin kinda liked it, Bob loved it, it never got used. In March 2006 were able to record at SpiralStaircase Studios owned by a longtime friend Kevin Perlongo.
Kevin was able to schedule recording time and in that time we recorded a song written by: Robert {BadBob} Silvani:
Jason Lashuk on Drums:
Kevin, ( objecting the whole time) was graceful and recorded the Bass parts. Thank you Kevin: Guitar leads and solos by Paul DiMeglio, using a 2004 Les Paul Studio and Blue Voodoo half stack Amplifier.
The Song "On My Knees" can be heard at Robert Silvanis' myspace---www.myspace.com/Badbob65

I went back in the studio in the early fall aug/sept '06 and Recorded Slug Generation.
I play three guitar parts: Jason Lashuk plays Drums. I named it Slug Generation since it is 20 years since I last recorded it. You can hear it at my myspace. www.myspace.com/pauldimeglio

Of course all Credit goes to Kevin Perlongo of SpiralStairCase Studios and of Plymouth Fame, a friend from so far back he is more like Family. Being from my home town helps too! In Italian that would be Pisano: 'Friend from my home town'. You can check out Spiralstaircase studios on myspace: www.myspace.com/spiralstaircase .
Give the website a look at: http://spiralstaircasestudios.com/
Good rates, digital and analog recording, special sound rooms, courteous service, some instruments, musicians available, reasonable rates!
Kevin is a professional Photographer, and part of SpiralStaircase studios is devoted to his Photographic work, his rates are reasonable for your Wedding, Concert, Party or whatever!
SpiralStaircase Studios also has the capability to take old reel to reel recordings and put them on disc.







Word for today;
Write, Paint, Draw,Create Music,read great literature,let your creative strengths have their outlet, this will partially empower you, and is a direct step into the sunlight.

No comments: